About the Kanun and its influence is spoken continually till nowadays. Gjeēovs publication is a summary of main duties but without referring to the costumes of positive tradition that dress the Kanun and that would make an encyclopedia. Let us refer to some of them, in the province that founded the Kanun, in Mirdita. They are expressed clearly for protection of womens and childrens life and dignity, apart from the fundamental duties. Let us refer to them to understand how much absurd are behaviors and violation of nowadays. In proportion with Kanuns time women and children today are much more violated.
· Children are invulnerable and kinsmen respond for every act that they do. Nobody can shoot with weapon in a children environment.
· The damage caused by children is considered as children damage and is appraised only with penalty even if it caused victims. Parents have to pay the penalty.
· The man is obligated to provide normal living conditions to his woman and his children and must not let them suffer.
· The leaders women and the oldest women of the tribes,when it is about of protection of the life and the dignity of a woman or any brat, take measures to hide the destruction of the wedlock and continuation of their life without troubles. No man or men meeting could oppose or to implicate on this cases.
· Word does not bring blood feud.
· No man or woman could kill or be killed by the peoples gossips
· Woman and girl are not included in blood feud even if they commit a crime. Parents respond for them. In protection of their honour even their kinsman do not have blood feud obligations.
· If a woman passes near an ambush, at the moment that a foe is passing, she has the right to accompany him throughout the ambush and nobody could shoot on him in her presence.
· In a battle between two ambushes the woman can pass easily and in the moment when she is passing all weapons are put down.
· If a woman calls the parties to stop the combat they are obligated to execute her request and start the armistice.
· When a man is implicates in a blood feud conflicts, he could take a child hand in hand during the trip or to be accompanied by a woman
· Women could put every passenger that had blood feud conflicts under protection and it was in their behavior to ask him if he needs accompaniment.
· In circumstances of the accompaniment with a woman or a child you cannot exchange bad and in irascibility words that hurt or offend them.
· If a woman is pregnant no gunshot sound is allowed in the territory where she is. And bad news is not said in her presence.
· You cannot ask to a widow woman to marry you before asking if she has love relationships with any person.
· Virgins and widows cannot be spied or gossiped, they have the respect and love of all for their sacrifice.